Staff Accountant – Client Accounting Services
We are looking to add to our professional services team! The ideal candidate will have a well rounded accounting background, high degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity, and possess an eagerness to work with clients in the cannabis industry.
The Staff Accountant – Client Accounting Services position will support clients throughout Michigan. Physical office locations are in Flint and Saginaw, Michigan. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
LC Solutions Michigan is an equal opportunity employer.
Your role will include, but not be limited to:
- Create and maintain records of financial transactions for clients, using various accounting systems.
- Reconcile source documents to sub-ledger to general ledger account balances as part of daily bookkeeping.
- Reconcile and balance accounts; follow up and present resolutions for any variances.
- Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to client accounting systems.
- Provide support for audits by external entities, including preparing supporting schedules, gathering information and providing analyses as requested.
- Compile reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and disbursements, accounts payable and receivable, inventory balances, profit and loss, and other items important to client business operations, including reporting against key performance metrics/budgets, etc.
- Perform payroll processing and payroll tax related returns and online filings; manage client online tax reporting accounts.
- Analyze and prepare financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected client financial results.
- Verify contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Communicate effectively with clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain multiple front facing client relationships, act as first line for correspondence and manage problem/resolution scenarios to ensure client needs are consistently met; patiently work with clients to support their accounting, bookkeeping and payroll needs.
- Effectively manage deadlines and consistently prepare and present accurate, high-quality deliverables.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA license or actively seeking licensure is preferred.
- 3 + years of full charge bookkeeper/staff accountant experience including account reconciliations and workpaper preparation experience.
- General ledger through financial statement experience.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online required; QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor certification required; QuickBooks Online Advanced certification preferred.
- Ability to work as a team member or independently.
- Customer service experience with a professional demeanor preferred.
- Possess necessary skills to work under pressure and handle critical issues in a timely manner.
- Experience with Xero, Accounting CS, UltraTax and/or Fixed Assets, and GSuite preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe required.
- This position supports initial work in a remote environment with some travel required to firm office(s) and/or client locations. It is anticipated that upon completion of the necessary executive orders that this position could transition to an in-office role.
- Highly detail oriented, with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; Strong work ethic and self-discipline in order to effectively self-manage a remote working environment.